Transparency International Romania is a national chapter of the only international non-governmental organization devoted to the fight against corruption, being recognized as such and having consultative NGO status with several international institutions, such as the United Nations Economic and Social Council (2003), the World Bank and the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe (2004). Transparency International is a global network that includes over 100 local branches (chapters), which operate nationally, working with public institutions, civil society, business and the media to promote transparency in elections, public administration, public procurement and business. Beginning in 2010, TI-Romania provides, through the Center for Integrity in Business, services dedicated to business, all within a larger program titled Together for integrity, social responsibility and sustainable development!
The main services offered by CIB to the business environment are:
- Technical support for the planning and implementation of compliance and related programs
- Management of international instruments on business ethics, compliance and integrity
- Training on integrity and ethics management
- Advocacy campaigns to improve the regulatory framework, as well as administrative and fiscal procedures
- Secretariat of Transparency International Romania’s RESIST Programme and a networking platform
- Branding for Integrity Pacts’ members
Between 2005-2012, TI-Romania has made three editions of the National Integrity System Study (2005, 2010 and 2012), in which business is one of the pillars analysed.
In parallel, since 2009, TI-Romania’s operations for the business environment diversified, materializing in training courses, seminars and workshops for companies. Among the beneficiaries of these services are Enel Romania, Ernst & Young, Siemens, Romtelecom and business associates.
Contact person: Victor Alistar
Full address: Bd. Nicolae Balcescu, nr 21, et 2, Sector 1, Bucuresti, cod 010044 – ROMANIA
Phone: +4 031 6606 000 / +4 021 317 71 70
Fax: +4 031 6606 006 / +4 021 317 71 72
Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org