Apply here for an ERC Consolidator Grant! ERC Consolidator Grants are designed to support researchers at the stage at which they are consolidating their own independent research team or programme. The scheme will strengthen independent and excellent new individual research teams that have been recently created.
The total budget covering all domains is €20,000,000. Consolidator Grants can be up to a maximum of EUR 2 000 000 for a period of 5 years (pro rata for projects of shorter duration). However, up to an additional EUR 750 000 can be requested in the proposal to cover (a) eligible “start-up” costs for Principal Investigators moving to the EU or an Associated Country from elsewhere as a consequence of receiving the ERC grant and/or (b) the purchase of major equipment and/or (c) access to large facilities.
ERC Consolidator Grants in brief
- For researchers of any nationality with over 7 and up to 12 years of experience since completion of PhD (or equivalent degree) and scientific track record showing great promise
- An excellent research proposal
- Research must be conducted in a public or private research organisation (known as a Host Institution/HI) located in one of the EU Member State or Associated Countries
- Funding per grant: up to € 2 million (in some circumstances up to € 2.75 million)
- Duration: up to 5 years
- Sole evaluation criterion: scientific excellence of researcher and research proposal
You may apply for each of the three main research domains:
- Physical Sciences & Engineering (Panels: PE1 – PE10),
- Life Sciences (Panels: LS1 – LS9),
- Social Sciences & Humanities (Panels: SH1 – SH6).
For further information, please visit European Research Council website.