Raising awareness of responsible research and innovation – RRI with concrete pilot actions in 8 European countries
Responsible research and innovations ensure that Research and Innovation are carried out in a socially, environmentally and ethically manner. The general term of RRI is still relatively unknown and there is serious lack of knowledge and information regarding this topic. But many steps have been already made to overcome these facts. One of these is also EU Project “D-STIR” of Danube Transnational Programme.
Danube Framework for Responsible Research and Innovation using Socio-Technical Integration (D-STIR) is a project that has made in the last months concrete steps towards Responsible Research and Innovation Strategy to improve Danube framework conditions for innovation. Partners from Romania, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Germany, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina have in the past moths actively cooperate with stakeholders (businesses, research actors/universities, civil society and public authorities) to co-create the content of Danube RRI Strategy.
To collectively progress and promote this Project and its cause and aim, partners gathered for the 4th Transnational Project Meeting in Slovenia. Meeting was hosted by Development Centre of the Heart of Slovenia on November 23 and 24, 2017.
With this Project Meeting partners also got the opportunity to visit innovative company STRIP’S. This company is in many ways already a good example of SME with integrated RRI – with long-term and stable growth in the area of effective energy use and environmental protection by strengthening the development and research activity, increasing additional value per employee, preserving high flexibility and competitive position of the company.
But all partners of the consortium are well aware that many things still have to be justified according to raise awareness of people, entrepreneurs and researchers and to achieve innovation pipeline based on cooperation, responsibility and competitiveness in Danube Region. Even more concrete actions will be made at the beginning of 2018 in companies and research laboratories in all 8 countries.
Partners’ consortium is also anticipating Mid-term event,5th Transnational Project event and Study Visit in Bucharest, Romania – organized by Horia Hulubei National Institute for Research and Development in Physics and Nuclear Engineering. The event and meeting will take place March 21 – 23, 2018.
For more information about D-STIR project please visit:
Nina Irimia, South-East Development Agency, Romania
24th Anghel Saligny St., 810118 Braila, Romania
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: 0040339732415
Anamarija Kamin, Development Centre of the Heart of Slovenia, Slovenia
Coordinator of Communication Activities
Jerebova ulica 14, 1270 Litija, Slovenia
e-mail: email@example.com, telephone: +386 1 896 27 17
List of partners in D-STIR project:
- South-East Regional Development Agency, Romania
- Cassovia Life Science, Slovakia
- First Hungarian Responsible Innovation Association, Hungary
- ELI-HU Research and Development Non-profit LTD, Hungary
- Development Centre of the Heart of Slovenia, Slovenia
- Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Science, Czech Republic
- Horia Hulubei National Institute for Research and Development in Physics and Nuclear Engineering, Romania
- Bwcon GmbH, Germany
- Country Government of Csongrad, Hungary
- Central Bohemian Innovation Centre, Czech Republic
- Development Agency Heart of Istria, Croatia
- Sarajevo Economic Region Development Agency, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Ilfov Country Council, Romania
- Kosice Self Governing Region, Slovakia
- Sarajevo Canton Planning Institute, Bosnia and Herzegovina