National Research and Development Institute for Industrial Ecology (INCD ECOIND) is the unique research institute in Romania with a global approach of the environmental issues in the field of industrial ecology. The institute is structured in four departments/research compartments and environmental services: Pollution Control Department which includes the testing laboratories Pollution Control of Waste, Soil and Water, Air Pollution Control, Bio tests – Biological Analysis, Department for Environmental Technologies and Technological Transfer, Development and Technological Transfer Unit, Evaluation and Monitoring of Environment Pollution, Management Systems Department.
INCD ECOIND had implemented and certified the Quality Management Integrated System (ISO9001:2008) and ISO 14001:2004. The testing laboratories of the Pollution Control Department are accredited by RENAR according to SR ISO 17025:2005.
Services and solutions
Research is mainly applied and the results are transferred to the beneficiaries as services permanently connected to the internal market requirements and trends at European level in the field:
- Integrated pollution control (water, groundwater, surface water, wastewater, process water, air, soil, waste, sludge);
- Evaluation of the pollution and determination of compliance with specific legislation (impact studies, environmental balance, ecological risk);
- Technical analysis for clean production and sustainable development strategy for the prevention of pollution;
- Assessment of environmental costs and eco-efficiency;
- Environmental technologies for combating pollution (efficiency analysis / optimization of wastewater treatment, development of new technologies for industrial and municipal wastewater treatment and water treatment technologies; rehabilitation soil disposal / recovery of waste, sludge, industrial symbiosis);
- Development / implementation of integrated management systems (quality, environment, health and safety, food safety); Technical assistance, expertise and training in the areas mentioned; Assessment of professional competence in environmental field.
Contact person: Luoana Florentina Pascu
Street, number: Drumul Podu Damvobvitei St. 71– 73
City, postal code: Bucharest, 060652
Telephone: +40 21 4106716
Fax: +40 21 4100575