Center of Technology and Engeneering for Nuclear Projects – CITON
CITON has gained and steadily enlarged its experience in project engineering services, design and construction management in the electric power domain and its successful results are due basically to its highly trained and qualified personnel, be it engineering, designing or supporting staff
Adequate results and high-standard cooperation with well-known partners in the country and abroad as AECL – Canada; Ansaldo Impianti – Italy; General Motors – USA; P.E.C. and A.C.B. – France etc. for the fulfillment of major projects in the power plant design and engineering, have made CITON a reliable and attractive partner.
Products and services
CITON performs design and engineering work and assures technical assistance and engineering support for construction – installation, commissioning and operation and maintenance of nuclear power plants and other nuclear facilities. CITON as a full-service engineering company can assist the customers with all phases of projects implementation including development support and EPC interconnection.
Design and Engineering Services
• Studies and Documentation supporting the client’s decision-marketing
• Prefeasibility and Feasibility studies
• Technical-Economical evaluation studies
• Production profile optimization
• Site selection studies
• Modernization and safety enhancement conceptual studies
• Environmental impact studies
• Risk evaluation reports
• Wastes management programs
• Bids requirements and bids evaluation reports
Basic Design Documentation
• Technical conceptual design as base for technical-economical evaluation of the investment and as support for regulatory bodies approvals/permits
• Detail design documentation
• Documents and drawings required for construction and systems installation
• Basic requirements and design analyses documents (thermal and hydraulic computation, stress reports, radiological consequences of abnormal and accident states)
• Manufacturing drawings/documents for selected equipment/components
• Procurement engineering documentation
• As-built design documentation for configuration control
License and Safety Documentation
• Licensing documentation
• Safety support documentation
• Probability analyses for safety and interface systems;
• Establishment of technical limiting conditions for safe operation;
• Severe accident analyses and emergency program and associated procedures.
On-site permanent technical assistance group of different professional disciplines staff as contractually required for field engineering and quality survey.
Technical assistance in all phases on implementing line of the design done by CITON .
Based on Cernavoda NPP and other nuclear projects experience in Romania CITON can assure the consulting and expertize services in practically all design and engineering areas of projects development and implementation phases.
Research and Development Services
- Nuclear safety – developing accidents management strategies and radiation protection
- Nuclear power technology-supporting technological upgrading and advances
- Back-end of the fuel cycle-safe and efficient management of spent nuclear fuel and highly radioactive wastes
- Nuclear policy – supporting the establishment of the national nuclear policy
Adrian Rizea – Director
Address: 409, Atomistilor Street, Magurele, Judet Ilfov, Romania
Tel/Fax: +40 21-457.44.31